Ahhh… the time has come to make the list that I measure myself against at the end of the year. This is the list that usually frustrates me to no end, though there have been years that I have come out ahead of the game. Unlike many people, I can’t make this list in a day or two. It usually takes me at least a week to develop a good list. And while I’m making the list, I’m actually working on things on the list. So here are the assorted goals for 2012.
1) Work on relationships: God, family and friends
2) This one has been on every list for the past 10 years I think. But this year there are some modifications. I am wanting to lose weight & get healthy. However, I am breaking the year down into obtainable goals and hopefully this will be a more manageable / doable thing.
I know weight and size may not quite mesh so final size I would like to be a 10, ultimate would be a size 8, but don’t know what the reality on that is going to be. And yeah, I’m throwing it out there for the universe. It’s not that I want everyone to know that I’m fat, not that you can’t tell that by looking, but I do want that accountability. Joy.
– Beginning Goal Weight: 170 pounds
– – Intermediate Goal Weight: 155 pounds
– – – Final Goal Weight: 145 pounds
– – – – Ultimate Goal Weight: 135 Pounds
I am a writer. I need to develop the story I’ve been working on and push past some of the limitations I have placed in front of me.
4) Simplify & Organize Life: Home and Work
– Simplify Closets : Get rid of the clutter and distractions that I don’t need.
This includes cleaning out the closets & drawers that have plagued me for the past couple of years. I have a tendency to keep clothing I can’t wear. I’m sure it’s because I’m overweight and I long to be a smaller size. But I have even kept clothes I can’t stand that are the size I currently am. Really? Why? Accomplished. Hubby and I did this last night and now there is a HUGE pile of clothes in the living room. Now to figure out where those are going to go. To sell / to give away or what. Oy!
– 4a) Simplify Virtual Reality: Facebook/ Friends – started de-friending those who are taking up space or my favorite – the dude who couldn’t write a status update without cussing. Accomplished
– 4b) Simplify Email: Clean out all the inboxes and saved emails. in progress This is going to take a while, but hopefully by the end of the month I will have this taken care of. Woot!
– 4c) Organize all the “files” on my work and home computers. This too will take a while. However, I am hoping by the end of the month to have this taken care of.
5) Get finances under control and get rid of as much debt as possible
6) Look in to going back to school / career options
Ok… this is the list as it exists for now. Of course, this is always subject to change blah, blah, and blah. More later from the flip side.